Can Turmeric Help You Lose Weight?
Turmeric has recently gained a reputation for being a superfood, but it’s been used in Indian and Caribbean cooking for many years. It is a rhizome, a cousin of ginger that has a deep gold color. Turmeric is what makes mustard yellow. But it also has an amazing flavor component, although it is slightly bitter. It brings a warm flavor to curries and soup.
What Makes Turmeric a Superfood?
Turmeric contains several anti-oxidants that give it many health benefits. The key component is curcumin, but turmeric also is an excellent source of fiber, potassium, vitamins B6 and C, magnesium, manganese and iron. Curcumin is though to help with complication related to obesity. Using turmeric in your diet can improve your weight-loss strategy.
How Can Turmeric Boost Weight Loss?
Adding turmeric to your diet can promote weight loss and help reduce the complications that are related to obesity.
1. Turmeric assists diet-induced weight loss.Studies have shown that curcumin is effective in accelerating weight loss when combined with dietary changes. The dietary fiber in turmeric can prevent weight gain.
2. Turmeric promotes thermogenesis.Thermogenesis is a metabolic process in which the body burns calories for energy. Increasing this process while reducing caloric intake can promote weight loss. Turmeric is considered to be a thermogenic substance.
3. Turmeric reduces inflammation. Obesity causes a low-grade inflammation throughout the body. Inflammation is related to many chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes, gum disease, stroke and heart disease. Curcumin acts like an anti-inflammatory in the cells, allowing your body to focus on weight loss rather than fighting inflammation.
4. Turmeric can help lower blood sugar levels.The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin has been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes. Turmeric can help support diet and exercise in reducing blood sugar levels.
5. Turmeric lowers the risk of metabolic syndrome. Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of syndromes that increase your risk of heart attack and stroke. It includes high blood sugar, high blood pressure, abnormal cholesterol levels and excess body fat in the waist. Turmeric collectively act against these conditions by lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels and reducing blood sugar levels.
6. Turmeric has anti-depressant capabilities.Curcumin increases serotonin and dopamine levels, which combat depression. Obesity and depression are related. Obesity often leads to depression, but depression can also lead to obesity. Turmeric is useful in reducing depression and preventing obesity.
Getting Enough Turmeric
Turmeric can be hard to add to your diet. Yes, you can add fresh turmeric root to smoothies, curries, marinades and salad dressings…but that’s not nearly as potent as our proprietary Turmeric Support Formula. Even better: today you can also claim 3 free bottles to get started 🙂 Adding turmeric to your routine has never been easier!