Benefits of Moringa on Prostate Health, Erectile Dysfunction and Fertility
In the East, practitioners of natural medicine use moringa for a variety of wellness reasons. From feeling and looking years younger to leveling out your blood sugar, incorporating a moringa supplement into your daily regimen can create an avalanche of benefits for your well-being. And if you’re a man, those healthy advantages only increase.
What Is Moringa?
Moringa derives from the seed pods of the moringa oleifera tree, a hardy plant that’s native to India and also known as the horseradish tree or drumstick tree. It grows throughout South Asia, Central America, North Africa, the northern parts of South America and the Caribbean. Virtually every part of a moringa tree is edible, from its roots to its leaves, and health-conscious men and women have consumed moringa for centuries.
Why Is It Good for Prostate Health?
Moringa seeds are chock-full of glucosinolates, which are compounds that contain sulfur and may have cancer-fighting characteristics, too. Multiple studies have shown that moringa seeds can block prostate cancer cells’ growth, specifically, as well as reduce levels of a protein secreted by the prostate that, when elevated, often indicate cancerous cells.
In addition to the potential to battle cancer, many experts hypothesize that moringa can thwart benign prostate hyperplasia, a condition common in older men that leads to a swollen prostate and trouble urinating.
How Can It Reverse Erectile Dysfunction?
One of the most common causes of erectile dysfunction is poor blood flow. Moringa contains polyphenols, which are powerful compounds that boost the body’s production of nitric oxide. Higher nitric oxide levels result in lower blood pressure, which in turn escalates blood flow throughout the body.
An inability to get or keep an erection can also be a side effect of type-2 diabetes. Moringa can help there as well, as studies suggest that incorporating moringa into your diet may lower your blood sugar, either by improving insulin production or the cells’ intake of sugar.
How Does It Improve Fertility?
Decreased sperm production and motility issues are typically to blame when men are infertile. Moringa seeds and leaves are rich in antioxidants, which can boost both sperms’ motility and their overall numbers, as well as the volume of semen produced.
Additionally, studies on rats and other animals have shown that moringa may reduce sperm loss as the result of three of the most common external culprits: chemotherapy, exorbitant heat and proximity to the electromagnetic rays typically produced by mobile phones.
Are There Any Other Benefits of Moringa?
Moringa isn’t just for men, and it doesn’t just help with men’s health issues. A daily moringa supplement can counteract an array of other health conditions:
- Depression: Moringa not only elevates your serotonin levels but also helps regulate dopamine and noradrenaline too.
- Kidney stones: A daily moringa supplement has been shown to dramatically drop your chance of developing painful kidney stones.
- High cholesterol: Moringa is great for your heart for a wealth of reasons, including increased production of red blood cells.
- Diabetes: As explained above, moringa can reduce blood sugar, making it easier to control your diabetes.
- Obesity: Because it lowers your blood sugar levels, moringa can also make it easier to drop unwanted pounds.
- Inflammation: Moringa fights rheumatoid arthritis and other joint pain thanks to the isothiocyanates within, which play defense against inflammatory elements in your body called cytokines.
- Digestive issues: The naturally occurring compounds in moringa can reduce diarrhea and constipation as well as protect against ulcers and other common digestive issues.
While moringa can improve almost everyone’s well-being, it’s especially potent for men, particularly as they age. If you’re experiencing any of these all-too-common health issues, talk to your physician about adding moringa to your diet.